The Beginning of The End

Hello again, Saga Seekers!

I have a confession to make, so just hear me out. I couldn’t put "The Book Thief" down, and I ended up finishing it. The story was so exciting that it kept me on the edge of my seat, and I had to see how it all ended. So, I decided to unpack it in this post! Max Vandenburg (the Jewish fist-fighter) added so much depth to the story, especially with his bond with Liesel over their love for words, which was incredibly touching. The air raid scenes, like I mentioned before, were some of the most intense parts of the book. Liesel reading to her neighbours in the bomb shelter showed that the power of words can provide comfort in dark times.


One of my favourite moments with Rudy (also one of my favourite characters), was when he covered himself in charcoal to emulate Jesse Owens. Moments like this showed his innocence during such a harsh time in history. Now, I'm not going to lie to you—the final chapters of “The Book Thief” were heartbreaking and almost left me in tears. What I just read was the last thing I ever expected. It's a twist that left me stunned. I couldn't believe it. Trust me, the ending was worth every page I turned. Stay tuned for the next post, because I’m sure it will leave you just as stunned as I was.

See you there, Saga Seekers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial thoughts of "The Book Thief"

The First Few Pages of My Journey

Himmel Street's Heart