Initial thoughts of "The Book Thief"

  Deciding to read a new book this month was not on my agenda. Usually, my days are packed with homework and assignments, leaving little time for reading just for fun. But one evening, when browsing through my dusty bookshelf looking for something to help me unwind, I found "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak.

But, why choose "The Book Thief"? To be honest, it was a completely random pick. Maybe it was the title that caught my eye, that could have hinted to a story about someone who loved books as much as I do. Or maybe it was the tagline, "When Death tells a story, you really have to listen." What makes this book so unique and different from the others on my shelf however, is its setting and narrator: it takes place in Nazi Germany and is narrated by Death itself.

I've always been interested in historical fiction. The way it somehow manages to bring the past back to life is engaging. "The Book Thief," is set during an extremely chaotic time in history, and offered such a unique storytelling that I just couldn't resist to read.

Even though I anticipated it would be unlike the books I usually read, I decided to dive in. Just the idea of having Death as the narrator was both creepy and intriguing. I wondered how it would affect the story of the book. However, this is only the beginning of my journey with "The Book Thief," uncertain of what lies ahead.


Comments

  1. How low you have stooped to steal books from little children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has to be a better title than Blog 1! Be more creative! and refer to your audience more. You want them to respond to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The First Few Pages of My Journey

Himmel Street's Heart